The Agricultural Code project: “Training through visual communication on prevention of occupational risks in the use of agricultural machinery” is a Leonardo da Vinci - Transfer of Innovation Project, developed within the framework of the Lifelong Learning Programme of the European Commission and with a total lifetime of 24 months.
- To provide proper training for the use of farm machinery for agricultural workers.
- To make safer the use of tractors and other farm machinery, especially to low-skilled workers.
- To approach training about prevention of occupational risks in agricultural machinery.
- To guarantee the product quality by continuing evaluation during the project development and by means of a final validation of technical aspects and the developed educational materials.
- To use prevention of occupational risks training as a strategy to increase workers adaptability to the changes and developments emerging in the sector, thereby improving their employability and European agricultural competitiveness.
- To promote the spreading and use of personal protective equipment, contributing therefore to protect workers health and safety.
Training materials based on an eminently visual character have been developed in different training methods (class-based training, distance learning and a combination of both) to ensure and to facilitate access to continuous training programmes to workers of the agricultural sector.
- Federación Agroalimentaria de Comisiones Obreras
- Betelgeux, S.L.
- Institutul National de Cercetare-Dezvoltare pentru Masini si Instalatii destinate Agriculturii si Industriei Alimentare – INMA Bucharesti (Romania)
- Ondokuz Mayis Üniversitesi, OMU (Turkey)
- SGS TECNOS (Spain)
- Confederazione italiana agricoltori dell'Umbria, CIA-Umbria (Italy)
- Agroinštitút Nitra (Slovakia)
- EFFAT - European Federation of Trade Unions in the Food, Agriculture and Tourism sectors (Belgium)
- Lifelong Learning Programme (LLP)- European Commission
- Organismo Autónomo Programas Educativos Europeos (OAPEE)
More info: www.agriculturalcode.com